So I have to get this off my chest.

In one week I am going to Paris. (Paris, France...not Paris, Texas, you yokels).

This is great because I love Paris. It's my favorite city on earth except for Seattle and Rio. (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...not Del Rio, Texas, you yokels.)

HOWEVER...

The Paris trip is also bad news because I'm a fatass.

It's true. All the running/biking/staring at my scale/hiking/walking hasn't lost me any calories and henceforth, it hasn't lost me any poundage. I'm WAY heavier than I would like to be, even though I feel like I'm in better shape than I have been in the past. I could lie and say that all the weight is from my incredible newfound muscles, but the sad truth is I haven't really gained much muscle mass. Plus, my pants are tight, and I don't think I can attribute THAT to a six-pack.

The last time I was in Paris I weighed about 20, 25 lbs less (see my "trying really hard to mock the French" pic below). And no, my eye doesn't really look like that. I was trying to wink for the camera. (French people wink and stuff.)




So...this is going to be a little hard for me. Paris is the city of fashion, the city of skinny snobby French people, and I worry that I'm going to stick out as a fat American everywhere I go. More importantly, I get to see Bas for the first time in months...and I'm at my least attractive.

To try to combat this, the past two weeks I've slashed my daily calorie intake to under 1200, and I've tried to walk 5 miles and run 2 miles at least every other day, as my tendon will cooperate. I thought this was going pretty well until I discovered I had only lost one pound.

So I am resigned to a fat fate. A faux-French fat fate. Which is why I stuffed myself on Chinese food tonight because I was at a giving-up point. I'm so frustrated that even though I'm working out and eating less, I'm not losing all the stress fat that's been piling up over the past year.

WHEN WILL I FINALLY BE A LEAN MEAN RUNNING MACHINE???

(You don't have to answer that. It was a rhetorical question. But if you have an answer, then I'd love to hear it. I will even give you one of my egg rolls if you have that answer.)

4 Comments:

  1. joyRuN said...
    I'm wildly jealous of your traveling adventures!

    I thought I was a running machine. Then I started comparing my times to some of the other recreational runners around me, & I'm STILL slower than all of them. ARGH!!
    the undomesticated wife said...
    I feel your pain. I'd like to lose 5 (ideally 10) pounds that I gained when I started having thyroid trouble. Unfortunately, nothing seems to help. I saw my endocrinologist last week and told him I've resigned to having to keep these extra pounds. You know what he told me? That it's not thyroid related. It's my age. Ack!!

    I hope you have a fantastic trip! Hubs is going to France again this year. I hope I can go with him.
    Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...
    Hey, if you REALLY don't want to stand out as a fat obnoxious American in Paris, you could take me with you and the French would be so appalled by my natural ugly American-ness that they'd be too busy pointing at me and saying whatever is the opposite of "Oo La La" (like maybe possibly "Ewww, ici ici") that they wouldn't even notice you.

    At least not in a bad way.

    I have the effect of making everyone near me look way better. it's a gift. You are either born with it or you're not. Don't try to develop it. It won't work.

    Check your weight after the Chinese food. I bet you lost some despite the binge. It sometimes goes like that for reasons no one understands.

    Actually, I understand why, but I just don't feel like telling you.

    Have fun in Par-ree, sister!
    Miss Merry said...
    uh, YAY for paris! i'm so jealous and excited for you!!! i feel ya on the fat ass part...i was just telling the roomie how fat i feel after a long cold winter of stuffing my face to keep warm/combat unemployment boredom. don't worry about it though, just enjoy paris and don't think about your weight. i'm sure you look fantastic and you're way more aware of it then anyone else is....

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.