No, I didn't put that as the title of my post just to whip out the Windows Character Map (which always makes me feel secretly exotic)...I put that as my title because I'm actually serious! I'm going to Quebec for Christmas!!!

I am super, super, super excited. Never mind that my French sucks. Never mind that I'm a fragile Texas girl who knows nothing about blizzards on Christmas. Never mind that I have no idea what hotel I'm staying in. Never mind that my passport photo is bloated and disgusting and looks nothing like me and is sure to get me arrested by Canadian immigration officials who suspect I stole the passport. Never mind all that...because I'm going to Canada for Christmas!!!

Before you get too jealous, it won't be for long -- only 3 days -- and it was a last-minute, impulse decision that I will probably regret once the bills roll in. I chose Quebec because I saw a pretty picture of a snowy Christmassy street in Quebec City. I was originally thinking I'd hop over to New Orleans (not a very long flight at all from Dallas) but then I got crazy and before I knew it my finger was clicking the "Confirm flight" button on Priceline when I saw a decently priced flight to Montreal.

Not that I feel too guilty. The last time I had a vacation, it wasn't really a vacation -- I was rushing to Holland to be with my boyfriend who was in intensive care and possibly wouldn't make it out of intensive care. (His organs had a bad reaction to a blood transfusion after one of his surgeries.) So, even though that trip turned out positive and he recovered well, I didn't really go on the idea that it would be a fun vacation. So I'm looking forward to this, big time. I fly in on the evening of the 25th and come back on the 29th.

Oh, I forgot this blog was supposed to be about running. I have done some light jogging the past couple of days -- nothing more than a half-mile -- and I am pleased to say that I have no pain in my Achilles tendons. They are really tight and I did have some discomfort, but no actual pain. That's great news considering I could barely walk after jogging a quarter-mile only a few weeks ago.

On other good news, my boyfriend's doctors have decided to start him on a double dose of chemotherapy. This means he will receive twice as much chemo every day than people normally receive. While this is going to be very difficult for him, the doctors are only doing it because he's been so strong so far, and not gotten as weak as they had expected. Plus, it could shave off as much as a month of two of chemotherapy later down the line. I think this is excellent news.

So, really, all exciting stuff in my little world. The only little bit of depressing news is that I've contracted an Evil Monster Death Virus known as the common cold, coupled with a nasty sinus infection.

Nevertheless, I'm so excited about my trip abroad!!! (Yes I know it's Canada, but it's still abroad right? I mean, they speak French and curse by saying Catholic words like "tabernacle!". It can't be America
.)

I will surely post photos of my trip on here, if anyone is curious to see it :) Otherwise, happy holidays everyone!!!

1 Comment:

  1. joyRuN said...
    Have fun in Quebec - safe travels with all the weather going on everywhere.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.